Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.