Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.