Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.