Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.