Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.