Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.