Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.