Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.