Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Congratulate on ( অভিনন্দিত করা ) I congratulate you on your success.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.