Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.