Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.