Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions