Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.