Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.