Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.