Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Excuse for ( অব্যাহতি দেওয়া ) He will not be excused for coming late.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )