Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.