Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions