Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.