Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.