Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.