Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.