Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.