Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.