Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.