Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.