Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.