Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )