Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.