Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.