Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.