Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions