Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.