Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions