Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Indulge in ( আসক্ত হওয়া ) He indulge in drugs.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.