Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions