Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.