Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.