Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )