Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions