Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions