Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.