Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.