Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions