Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.