Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.