SYNONYM an image of oneself taken by oneself using a digital camera or smartphone especially for posting on social networks
Next : optimumPrevious : animal
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.