SYNONYM an image of oneself taken by oneself using a digital camera or smartphone especially for posting on social networks
Next : optimumPrevious : animal
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.