SYNONYM swindle ; fraud ; a stratagem for gain ; to get something, such as money by deceiving someone.
EXAMPLE He was the victim of an internet scam. The company scammed a lot of money from unwary customers.
Next : extrovertPrevious : webinar
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.