SYNONYM swindle ; fraud ; a stratagem for gain ; to get something, such as money by deceiving someone.
EXAMPLE He was the victim of an internet scam. The company scammed a lot of money from unwary customers.
Next : extrovertPrevious : webinar
Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions