SYNONYM swindle ; fraud ; a stratagem for gain ; to get something, such as money by deceiving someone.
EXAMPLE He was the victim of an internet scam. The company scammed a lot of money from unwary customers.
Next : extrovertPrevious : webinar
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions