Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.