Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.