Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.