Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Alternative to ( বিকল্প ) This question is alternative to that.
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.