Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.