Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.