Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )