Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.