Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions