Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.