Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions