Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide