Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.