Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.