Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.