Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.