Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up