Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions