Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.