Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions