Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.