Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story