Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions