Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.