Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions