Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )