Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.