Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )