Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.