Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions