Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )