Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.