SYNONYM a common saying ; an adage
Download Proverb App
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English)
Next : providePrevious : prove
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.