Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.