Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.