Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )