Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.