Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.