Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.