Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.