Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.