Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions