Bangla Academy Dictionary:
Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'pro' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )