Bangla Academy Dictionary:
Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'pro' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.