Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.